Some WhatsApp groups can be toxic and unpleasant if the group members don’t follow discipline. In such cases, you might wonder, “How to delete a WhatsApp group?”
If you have thought of such a question, then you have landed in the right place. Here we will specifically go through the steps on how to delete a WhatsApp group both as a member and as an Admin.
How to Delete a WhatsApp Group As a Member?
Suppose you have a WhatsApp group that you want to delete so that the members cannot interact with each other at all then you have to remove it from the roots. In such a case, you need to be an admin to delete the whole WhatsApp group. However, if you are just an admin who wants to delete it from your own phone then all you have to do is follow the following steps-
1. Go to the WhatsApp app and open the WhatsApp group that you want to delete. Tap on the top bar that is showing group info.
2. You will find yourself on the next screen, where you have to scroll down and find the Exit group option. A pop-up will show, which will take your final confirmation on your decision. Simply Tap on Exit.
After you have followed the steps accordingly, you will still find that the group is available on your device. The reason behind this is that the group has not been deleted. Actually, it is just you are not a member of the group anymore. This means that when you exit the group, you do not have the accessibility to participate in the group chats. If you want to remove it from your phone, then you have to follow step 3.
3. In the same interface of the chat settings, you will notice that the Delete group button has replaced the Exit button. Click on the button so that you can delete the group from your device. A pop-up will come, and you must tap on Delete.
Also read: How to Block Someone on WhatsApp Without Them Knowing
How to Delete a WhatsApp Group As an Admin?
To delete the group as an admin, the procedure is a bit different than as a member. Here are the steps that you have to follow through-
1. Go to the conversation to find the group chat that you want to delete. You have to tap the top bar so that you can view the group members.
2. Now comes the interesting part of the procedure. As an admin, you have additional authority to remove anyone from the group. Using this extra authority, you can remove each member from the group individually. To remove them, you have just to hold the member’s name and hit the Remove button.
3. Simply Repeat step 2 for all the members included in the group. You have to exit the group once you have removed everyone from the group. You will get the Delete button after you exit it. To remove the group permanently, tap on the Delete button.